I foolishly raised my hopes for this one. I was on the edge of my seat, waiting for my candidate to perform even moderately well. Halfway through, I popped open a beer and considered playing Super Smash Bros. After nearly two difficulty hours of “debate,” I’ve compiled some of my thoughts:
- No handshake at the start of the debate? That was cold.
- Too much genitalia talk. What Donald Trump did was inexcusable, indefensible, and inexplicable. He’s married to a super model for goodness sake, and even if he wasn’t, such things should never, ever be said. Just across party lines, however, is Hillary Clinton, who is no angel in her own right. Hillary Clinton’s actions are similarly unpardonable. In light of the Benghazi debacle alone, the American public has legitimate grounds to question Hillary’s qualifications for POTUS. Instead of an apology, we were given the following: “Was it because of a protest or was it because of guys out for a walk one night and decided they’d go kill some Americans,” Clinton said. “What difference – at this point, what difference does it make?” If one should be disqualified from running for the presidency, the other should as well, for similar, and possibly even worse, misdeeds.
- What Donald Trump lacks in delivery, Hillary Clinton lacks in substance. If Mr. Trump could manage to consistently present his arguments in a clear, concise, factually correct manner, Mrs. Clinton would struggle greatly. Similarly, if Mrs. Clinton ever appeared trustworthy and relatable, Mr. Trump may not stand a chance. Instead, we have whatever last night was…
- I laughed heartily when The Donald lurked behind Hillary this way. Probably an accident, but still a wonderful moment
- Kenneth Bone: you just knew he would become an immediate internet sensation the moment his name was pronounced. To enhance the moment, Ken Bone sported a heckuva mustache and sweater that almost no one can pull off – unless you look like Ken Bone. Here’s to you and your tiny mustache, Mr. Bone.
The general election is soon upon us. God help us all.